26 November 2008

Mary's Song

In the last few weeks I have walked a road that I at times thought was impassable. I have wondered how long. I have wondered why me. I have sat in the passenger seat with tears streaming down my face as I listened to these words:

I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now.
Be with me now.

Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Light in my darkness,
Pour over me your Holiness,
For You are Holy.
Breath of heaven.

Do you wonder as you watch my face,
If a wiser one should have had my place,
But I offer all I am
For the mercy of your plan.
Help me be strong.
Help me be.
Help me.

And I wondered if I was strong enough.

And God answered in the most amazing of ways.

He told me I did not need to be strong enough because He is strong enough for the both of us. In those darkest times when I felt like I was broken and barren, He was at work in me. When I felt lost and alone, He was at work beside me. He has guided me. He has cared for me. He has blessed me.

He has blessed me...because He is a Father who is with me always.

He has blessed me...with a husband to walk beside me.

He has blessed me...with a family to strengthen me.

He has blessed me...with friends that encourage me.

He has blessed me...with the joy of the morning.

No comments: