17 November 2008

Independence

One of the things that I am finding to be most difficult is the reaction of others.

It seems as if certain people have me diagnosed with the worst case scenario and therefore feel the need to treat me as if I am an invalid. This drives me nuts. But instead of confronting these people I take my usual passive aggressive approach and have simply become fiercly independent around them. I simply flat out refuse to accept their pity. I appreciate their concern, I really do, but I will not be coddled. I will not be treated differently than my co-workers just because I am going through something difficult. I will not be defined by whatever comes of these tests. Why? Because I have more to offer than just being the 'sick girl.' I can contribute. I can work hard. I can continue on.

And I will.

(Because I am stubborn).

No comments: