25 November 2009

I am always amazed at how God takes my moments of greatest panic and turns them into my moments of greatest realization.

Yesterday, I panicked.

Yesterday, God openned my eyes.

He sets loose the gales and ties the trees down tight.

That line is from a Caedmons's Call song that I have listend to a thousand times before but somehow I never actually heard it. That changed yesterday. Yes, God allows the storms and gales to come into our lives. Yes, God allows cancer and siezures and hurtful people. But God has already prepared us for each one. He is not going to put the children He loves into a situation without giving them the tools they need to endure it. I forget this fact on a daily basis. I forget my strength in Christ.

As I drove to the hospital yesterday I started to overthink things and I let my mind get out of control with worry becuase I knew I didn't have the strength to fight on my own. I had forgotten that God had me tied down tight.

Then it hit me. I shouted "Yes! That's it!"

And I went to my appointment with confidence.

God is good.

No comments: